- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 medium tomato, pureed
- 2 whole garlic, finely chopped and crushed
- 1 whole ginger, finely chopped and crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 pound boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- Oil for frying
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
1. In a bowl mix the flour, pepper powder, chilli powder, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato puree, crushed garlic, crushed ginger and salt. Mix well.
2. Add the chicken pieces and marinate, covered, for 2 hours in the refrigerator. A couple more hours, if time permits, would be even better.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the sliced onions; sauté until golden brown. Add the marinated chicken pieces and sliced red pepper; sauté on low heat for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. You may add a very small amount of hot water if required.
4. Serve hot garnished with the chopped fresh green chilies. Enjoy with some cold beer.