* Milk 1 1/2 litres
* Mawa (khoya), grated 50 grams
* Refined flour (maida) 3 tablespoons
* Green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
* Ghee for shallow frying
* Saffron (kesar) a few strands
* Sauf 2 tbs
* grated carrot 1 cup
* For garnishing
* Pistachios, chopped 15 – 20
* For sugar syrup
* Boil milk in a heavy-bottomed pan. Reduce heat and simmer till it is reduced and reaches a coating consistency. Add grated mawa and mix well.
* Bring it to room temperature.
* Reserve two tablespoons of sugar and form one-string sugar syrup with the rest of the sugar and two cups of water.
* Dissolve saffron in a teaspoon of hot milk. Add it to the sugar syrupAdd refined flour, green cardamom powder, sauf and the reserved sugar to the reduced milk.
* Add grated carrot .Mix well and make a batter of pouring consistency using a little milk if required. Heat sufficient ghee in a wide mouthed flat-bottomed kadai.
* Pour a ladle full of batter to form a pancake
* Fry till it swells like a puri and golden color appears in both sides. Note: frying should be done in LOW FLAME other wise it will burn / stay uncooked inside.
* Turn it over when it starts to color slightly. When both sides are done, drain and immerse in the sugar syrup. Garnish with pistachios and serve hot.
* For a more added flavor and you can add 2 spoon of freshly grated coconut
* It can serve as a sweet dish.Tweet