Margarita Fish Soft Tacos is a delicious western fish cuisine. It’s crispy and soft. You can make it home within 30 minutes (15 minutes for preparation and 15 minutes for cook). You can cook it easily just follow the given recipe step by step.
Ingredients for Margarita Fish Soft Tacos:
1 ounces tequila
4 to 5 tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 lime, zested and juiced
1/2 tea-spoon chili powder
2 (6 to 8-ounce) portions mahi mahi or halibut fillets
1/2 small to medium red onions, chopped
1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 table-spoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
1 & 1/2 table-spoons vegetable oil
1/2 tea-spoon ground cumin
1/2 generous table-spoon honey
1/2 small ripe avocados, halved, seeded and flesh removed
4 soft flour tortillas
1/4 small white or red cabbage, shredded
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method of Preparation (How to Cook):
01. Combine the tequila with the lime zest and juice, 3/4 table-spoon vegetable oil, seafood seasoning, and chili powder in a bowl.
02. Coat the fish in the dressing.
03. Now heat medium skillet with the remaining 3/4 table-spoon of oil over medium-high heat.
04. Then add the onions, japaleno and garlic. Cook until the mixture begins to soften.
05. Now add the coarsely chopped tomatoes.Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir in the cumin. Cook until the tomato begins to soften, about 6 to 7 minutes more.
06. Then remove from the heat and keep aside for 5 minutes and wait for cool.
07. Now watchfully place the sauce into a food processor with the lemon zest and juice, honey and avocado.
08. And process until it becomes a thick salsa. Move it to a bowl and keep aside.
09. Now heat an outdoor grill (skillet) over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
10. Place the fish on grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Char the soft tacos over an open flame on a stove burner or grill to soften and char.
11. Serve the fish with tortillas alongside and top the fish with cabbage and salsa as you eat.